View out my window last week!
Hike in Prescott National Forest a couple weeks ago!
A spontaneous sunset hike at Thumb Butte!
I am spending this semester in Prescott, AZ at Ecosa Institute, learning about sustainable and ecological design in a non-traditional design education environment. After being frustrated about the talk of “sustainable design” in school as well as publicly in the field of industrial design, but lack of hands on or in depth teaching of it, I arrived here!
On this site I will be documenting my experience here including project development, everyday observations, and questions or thoughts that have sparked my interest (and hopefully more informative photos/videos rather than lengthy paragraphs soon!).
First day observations & impressions:
1. The people are incredibly friendly! Lots say hello or smile on the street and I got a nice intro to Prescott from some long-time residents on the shuttle from the airport.
2. The cicadas are really really really loud.
3. While having breakfast at a coffee shop, I think I heard the word “gal” more times than I have in my entire life.
4. Nature is beautiful here: saw awesome lightning, a huge rainbow, and a beautiful sunset above mountains all during the 2 hour drive from Phoenix to Prescott.
5. It is monsoon season: there is an afternoon downpour almost daily!